Oct 28, 2023
Ceramic Coated Sintered Stainless-Steel Membranes & Filters
Stainless Steel metallic membranes are an innovative sintered product formed by a porous metal core of 316L stainless steel with thin walls whose internal diameter is covered by a fine ceramic layer of very small pore size (up to 60 nm of cut-off) .
These characteristics allow metallic membranes to be used in microfiltration and ultrafiltration facilities for the food (beverages, dairy products, etc.), pharmaceutical, chemical and petrochemical industries or for wastewater purification and treatment, among other applications.
Metallic membranes have a series of advantages compared with current market standards.Higher toughness and resistance to mechanical or thermal shocks than ceramic membranes.
This advantage provides :
- Safety in handling, transport and assembly.
- Safety against pressure and temperature peaks.
- Great resistance to thermal fatigue.
- Economy, because the installation requires a less amount of temperature and/or less pressure control devices.
- Reduction of module size by 2 to 6 times thanks to the small tube diameter and its low thickness: great compactness, small ecological footprint and more economical facilities for the same performance.
- Complete stainless steel module with easy cleaning by steam sterilization, acidic or basic solvents, high pressure backpulse, ozone, or sterilization by radiation.
- Competitive price, because installations are cheaper for the same performance vs ceramic membranes or other metallic membranes currently in the market.
- Compared to polymeric membranes, no microplastics produced, higher flow compared to multibore membranes, and higher durability.